Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SNOW DAY!


I think that everyone in school should be entitled to a snow day. This holiday should happen at least once a year. While in school we don't have enough, if any. Each winter in Minnesota there are a few days that should be considered snow days and the kids should not be required to go to school. The teachers like to see the kids suffer inside the school while there is fun to be had outside. Don't tell me that everyone of you would not rather stay home and go sledding, skiing or snowboarding all day, possibly make a giant snowman. Traditions would be to sleep in till noon, wake up have a nice warm breakfast. Go back up stairs and bundle up in all your winter time gear, then head outside. What a wonderful day, coming back inside to warm up with some coco. By around 4 in the afternoon the streets will be decorated with snowmen, icicles, and snow forts. This holiday was started way back when snow was invented, it came about that people didn't want to participate in their daily activities when it snowed. Adults and children alike decided there should be a holiday where everyone gets school and work off to enjoy it. No one seemed to argue, who wouldn't love to play in the cold, white fluff? Things changed, adults stopped learning how to have fun. This holiday changed, it became only for the kids. Adults feel they needed to grow up more and reject this day, when deep down they would really love to run outside and make snow angels all over their front lawn. There for creating national Snow Day!

3 comments:

Ryan Benhardus said...

I tottally agree with you! A snow day would just make everyone happy!I mean who doesnt like to wake up in the morning to hear that school has been cancelled on account of snow? Me personally, i love snow.I think it is awesome!! One reason that means its winter. That means i get to go snowmobiling and ice fishing! YAAAY i love ice fishing, it is the best..

sk8nLvcawday said...

hey yea this sounds amazing. it is easy to say, "Oh yea we need a snow day for a break from school and work..." but i think we should because it is important to be with your loved ones and having fun a liesure day. these are the amkings of what we call "memories." i love the snow. and that was a cool picutre! that would be awesome with a capitol AAWW!

Spark32 said...

I would love to celebrate your holiday. The traditions that you explain are the same ones that I have used on my two snow days in my lifetime. When you consider how much snow that Minnesota gets on some winter days, you would think that I would have had a lot more snow days in my life. When celebrating your holiday, I would bulid a huge snow fort in my front yard. This is something that I have always loved doing since I was a kid. I would drink hot chocolate when I get too cold and then I would eat warm home made cookies. It would be a warm and cozy day, even though the temperatures are cold. I would enjoy curling up by the fire at night or watching a good movie with my family or my friends. It would be a wonderful day to get each year.